1. Unyielding LoyaltyThey make a great team because dogs are loyal. The relationship between Lulu, our family dog to me and Alexandria, are akin to a special bond we have for each other. The three of us make a great team. We’re family. You have someone to say goodbye to everytime you leave for work or an errand and everytime you come home, you feel excited.. She’s like our kid. Dog’s love is a reminder or unconditional love, with their unwavering loyalty.
2. SmartThey're a top explorer and they learn quickly. They can almost take care of themselves in some cases. In fact, some dogs can even be capable of taking care of individuals with disabilities. They can be trained to perform a variety of tasks, from opening doors to providing emotional support, and have transformed the lives of countless individuals with their unwavering loyalty and dedication.
3. They’re a great snifferDogs have millions of scent glands. They're a good sniffer. So if there's stale food under your couch or bed, they can easily detect it. They’ll find a way to get those hidden gems around your house too.
4. They're a great welcomerAs they’re great with sensing smells, they're good at hearing the sublest noise in their surroundings. They can even hear from more than 1 mile away so they can sense when you’re on your way home. Couldn’t that even give you a beacon of joy?
5. They’re a knightAre you feeling alone? They can sense danger and when they do they will protect you.
6. Dogs are ChewerWhen it comes to dogs, it's important to remember that they are playful creatures who love to have fun. However, their playful nature can sometimes lead to unwanted behavior such as excessive chewing. It's not uncommon for a dog to chew on shoes, slippers, or other items around the house. To avoid any potential damage to your belongings, it's recommended that you provide your furry friend with plenty of toys to chew on. This will not only satisfy their natural desire to chew but also redirect their energy towards appropriate objects. So while dogs may have their annoying moments, with a little bit of preparation and patience, they can be a joy to have around.
7. They’re a playmateThey love to run and play outdoors. They love to play catch ball and chase after you. Everytime I take Lulu out for a walk, I can feel her excitement as she jumps up and down.
8. Walk BuddyIf you feel like walking, but don’t have anyone to walk with. Your furry friend can be a great walking buddy, and you'll likely find yourself feeling happier and more motivated to exercise when they're by your side. Beyond the benefits of companionship, owning a dog can also enhance your physical health. The daily exercise required to care for your pet can improve cardiovascular health, reduce blood pressure, and boost your immune system. Research has even shown that dog owners tend to have lower cholesterol levels and are less likely to develop obesity. So not only will your dog make a great walking partner, but they may also help you achieve better health outcomes overall. As someone who has experienced these benefits firsthand with my own furry companion, Alexandria and I highly recommend considering the addition of a four-legged friend to your life.
9. Dogs provide emotional support.Dogs are known for their ability to provide emotional support to their owners, especially during difficult times. They can sense when their owner is upset or anxious and provide comfort by cuddling or simply being present. Owning a dog can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and can also boost feelings of happiness and well-being.
10. Dogs can improve children's development.Growing up with a dog can be beneficial for children's development, as they can learn important skills such as responsibility, empathy, and communication.
Richard Uzelac’s Guide: Things You Should Know About Dogs
- Dogs get dirty, smelly
- You need a meal plan for your dog
- They need frequent walks ( especially when they're just pups)
- You need to have a financial plan for your dog